Sunday 22 June 2014

22nd June Andrea Bids Adieu to a Bike called Betty

Cycling Opens up a 

New World of 

Social Opportunities

Andrea writes: 

The perfect end to the perfect weekend: I have just enjoyed my "sun-downer" evening cycle at Ballincollig Regional Park. It could not be a lovelier evening for a bike ride. It has also allowed me to escape the house during the world cup madness.
Not sure how I will fill my evenings after tomorrow, when my Betty goes back to the Bike -Shed. I think I will go out for a last ride tomorrow morning before I take her back.


 Above: Top Right: The Outdoor Gym;
Above: Top Left: The Foot bridge
© Copyright Ian Paterson and licensed
 for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence. 
Middle Left: The Gunpowder Mills
 Bottom Left: The Weir All from
 Ballincollig Regional Park.
 Bottom Right: Stilly Dappled waters 
under green canopies,  all in 











 It is interesting how having this bike has suddenly allowed me a new world of social opportunities. While at my friends garden party yesterday afternoon, I was suddenly invited to come on bike rides all over Cork, even a spinning class - said I would think about that one!
It seems like the world is conspiring to gently push Andrea into more cycling! The cartoon is taken from www.flandriacafe.com and was originally drawn by a cartoonist called Pellos, who was renowned for his Tour De France themed art.
Editor's Footnote:

Click below, sit back, relax and imagine that you are cycling through Ballincollig Regional Park yourself...


No comments:

Post a Comment