Friday 20 June 2014

20th of June 2014: Maria overcomes the wobbles and "vonts to be alone"

Sofa's Beware: 

The Bikes are Taking Over!

Maria writes:

It was a very busy day today, so there was only a very humble 15 minute bike ride for me.

Nevertheless it was fun and relaxing and probably the only 15 minutes all day that I was ALONE- and all parents know what a treat that can be ... especially when badly needed.
 
Going for a cycle is a great way to either "be alone" or be "left alone".
I wonder if Greta Garbo knew this
?
I noticed I'm finally after getting to grips with starting and stopping too. It probably sounds silly to most cyclists but as a beginner these are a little tricky and wobbly!! Anyway now I am a lot more confident with the bike and hoping I look it too! I'm sure I frightened a few drivers the other day when I was taking off quite unsteadily at traffic lights.
 
This image is from: https://bighairmetamorphosis.wordpress.com/category/life/diets/ - a very amusing blog by a woman trying to change her life one funny cartoon at a time.
Her account of  biking exploits are well worth a peek..
 I spent some time teaching my daughter to ride her bike without her stabilisers, not successful yet but she's getting braver- another few days and she'll be off I'd say.

Right now my living room had 3 bikes in it so it’s not my usual relaxing domain. As a family we have NEVER used our bikes so much-long may it continue.


No comments:

Post a Comment