Monday 13 June 2016

12th June 2016 - Uphill climbs and Pothole Dives all in the name of that calorie burn!


 
DONNACHA VENTURES OUT ON DAY 1:
 
 
Donnacha writes:
 
I was away for the weekend with family so didnt get to start until I got home this evening. There is a nice and challenging loop right outside my door so I set off towards Bandon. Storm Desmond and Storm Frank has left many a legacy on that stretch so it is not a road to lose concentration on! Fortunately Sunday evening meant it was quiet.
 
One consequence of these resiliant storms was every cyclists nightmare - POTHOLES!
Learn how you can deal with them here: Cyclists Guide to Dealing with Potholes

 
I  turned off before I came in towards the mart and came back towards Kilmacsimon where I popped down to see if there was any boats on the water.
 
The calm water at Kilmacsimon
 
 
The break at the watersedge was a welcome few minutes rest before the 1 mile steep climb home - not one for the faint hearted! I got to the top surprisingly easy although I am sure I could pay for that in the morning! Got home just in time for tea - feeling good!
 
 


An impressive distance travelled and amount of calories burned by Donnacha after his first trip!



 
**FUN FACT**:
With the 605 calories Donnacha burned could eat; 3 49g Snicker Bars OR 1 cup of cornflakes with half a cup of milk, an apple, 3 grilled chicken breasts, a baked potato and a cup of steamed broccoli!!
 
Image result for shocked face

 
 
 Continue to follow Donnacha's journey back on two wheels here and on:

 
 
  

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of food for a 40 minute cycle! Mmm...I'm thinking 20 mins might make that one chocolate bar i have in the evening guilt free ��

    ReplyDelete