Friday 13 June 2014

13th June Introducing Margaret Linehan

 "Almost Reared on a Bike"


According to Margaret:

"I grew up in Macroom and think that I could cycle before I could walk!  I was almost reared on a bicycle. 
When I moved to Cork and started working in Cork City Library, I always cycled to work.  Subsequently, I got a car, and moved to work in CIT, and didn’t use a bike.  A few years ago, my husband and I decided we would go on a two week cycling holiday in the Netherlands, a dream for cyclists, with cycle paths everywhere and not a hill in sight!  I would really recommend this as a holiday.
Just three weeks ago, however, I bought a bike through the cycle to work scheme, and I have started cycling to work again. I am really enjoying the fresh air and the sense of freedom.  The second day I arrived to work on my bike, I was greeted with ‘here comes Sean Kelly’! 
Margaret's beautiful shiny new red bike
We also have a new initiative called ‘Healthy CIT’, so as part of that campaign I will continue to cycle to and from work.  I am looking forward to taking part in Operation Transportation and sharing my cycling trips for the next 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment