Saturday 14 June 2014

14th June 2014 Margaret Meanders through the City Streets in Search of Tasty Treats

 Cycle to Sample Some Gourmet delights

Margaret's account of

Day 1 Operation Transportation - Morning

Well Day 1 has arrived, and John and myself decided to head off at 11.00am on our bikes to town.  I noticed a noise on my bike just after a few minutes, so our first stop was Victoria Cross Cycles, where the ever-obliging Joe soon sorted it out and we were on our way.

Margaret makes a pit-stop to Victoria Cross Cycle Shop


 Our first stop in town was the Coal Quay market to buy some really fresh organic products. Then, I just thought that we will not always be cycling in 21 degrees like today, so we cycled around the corner from the Coal Quay to Kilgrews, bike shop in Kyle Street.   
I bought a lovely bright yellow jacket (breathable and waterproof), then my shock when I asked for a trousers.  I was shown this big black baggy trousers and I thought it was like something for going down coal mines.  I mentioned this to Brian who showed it to me, and he thought it was hilarious!  Obviously, I couldn't purchase such a product, so Brian told me he is getting nicer ones in on Tuesday, so I will try again.  I think there may be a business opportunity here for designing nice cycle trousers!


Can rainproof leggings look more fashionable?

 Our next stop was coffee al fresco on the banks of the Lee, at the coffee pod on the lovely board walk.  The berry scones here are really yummy, and have been a finalist in the best scones in Ireland competition.  Definitely a lovely treat.  
Cycle to Town to Scoff a Berry Scone 
 Throughout Operation Transportation, I will be combining cycling with my foodie and coffee hobby!  My next stop was to buy some delicious  bread in a relatively new bread shop called Pana Bread in Merchant's Quay shopping centre.  Then a cycle home.  I have arrived home, but, John has gone off with his camera over his shoulder on his bike.

I have another cycle planned for later this evening, combined with food.

So far so good . . . .  .

No comments:

Post a Comment