Saturday 14 June 2014

14th June John Shares the Pro's and Cons of Cyling

How to get more Bodies on Bikes

John writes:

My wife Margaret encouraged me to buy a bicycle after she purchased her  own bike recently.  I’m glad I did as it opens up new possibilities I’d forgotten about — like being able to cross the city without worrying about parking or traffic jams, and going places where it would be difficult or impossible to drive cars. 

Millstreet Country Park Cycle trails are prime examples of  routes too long to walk and off-limits to cars.
See: http://dayout.ie/millstreet-country-park-launches-its-cycling-resort/
Take the Cycle Lane Shortcut and
see how great it feels to whizz past the traffic jams

Some Cork Cycle Lanes

In our former address I dismantled Margaret’s old bike and put it away in the attic to discourage her from cycling through a roundabout near our previous address. 
Now that we have moved away from that roundabout and because of the new cycle lanes being rolled out by Cork City Council, we are both back cycling and enjoying it.  I hope the Council continues to roll out new cycle lanes.  It really encourages cycling. 
 I also hope that places of employment will construct lockable bike shelters for employees to further encourage cycling to work. 
Well done to all concerned with Operation Transportation!

No comments:

Post a Comment