Sunday 22 June 2014

22nd June 2014 Siobhán is on a High as She Hits Sixty

Got no Motivation? 

Siobhán's Got the Answer...


Siobhán writes:
“On Sunday, I went for a cycle with my dad. He is in training for the Ring of Kerry cycle, which I had signed up to a while back. However, I hadn't any training done for it, so I was convinced up until I started this operation transportation that I wouldn’t do it.


I was kicking myself for not getting up and going, but had no motivation to train. Now I’m inspired again, and I’m going to chance it, see how far I get…

Today we cycled from Millstreet back to Killarney; we stopped for a coffee and a sandwich and continued on.  

In the end, we covered 60km in total…

And I was delighted after it, but I do now have a very sore bum, and am wondering how I will triple that cycle in two week’s time.

Still, saying that when I started this operation transportation challenge I struggled with 10km and look at me today: 60km.. “


 
In between these words are “a few pics of today and also one or two of the ring of Kerry which I completed two years ago (I had months of training done two years ago for it, so I am very apprehensive this time.)

 But I will go as far as I can, and might even cross the finish line, thanks to operation transportation: I am going to attempt it.”









Editorial Comment:

Go Siobhán!!

Best of luck with the 180km cycle. Do let us know how far you get on the Ring of Kerry trek and send on a  few photos…

Also... if anyone else is lacking motivation to undertake a seemingly impossible challenge just do something similar but really easy and see how you feel. Remeber Siobhán only commmitted to cycling for 10 minutes each day!

 

The image on the left is from fitness ocaching blog: http://irisaveryfitness.wordpress.com/tag/gym/
and the image on the right is form organisational app: www.homeroutines.com 
Both are stills from the movie " What about Bob?"

If that doesn't work- go for a refreshing cycle. When you return with the rush of endorphins and adrenalin pumping through your veins, you may find that the mammoth tasks seem more manageable!

No comments:

Post a Comment