Sunday 15 June 2014

15th June: the Day Maria's Bike Became a Speed-boat!


 Maria's Cycle Skills Delight And Defy Expectations

 Maria Writes:

Day 3 of Operation Transportation. Well I must admit I woke up this morning to a bit of saddle discomfort- ouch!

Tips on Causes and Cures for Saddle Soreness can be found with this image here: http://blog.supersizedbikes.com/2013/05/6-most-common-causes-of-bicycle-saddle-sore/
Brought my two kids to the regional park today for a bit of fun. Danny had his bike and Marisa was on roller skates. They were just dying to see me on the bike. I think they were expecting me to fall off!!
Maria, Marissa and Danny have some active Fun in the Sun In Ballincollig Regional Park
 It was another gorgeous day and we soared around the park on the bikes. Marisa was shattered trying to keep up so we hatched a plan whereby she held on to the back of my t-shirt and I pulled (dragged!) her along- water-ski style. Yes I am definitely getting braver.

Editor's Footnote:

Saddle-soreness can be prevented by making sure that your saddle is the right width and height for you. Saddle covers and padded cycle shorts may help too.
That said I personally have never worn cycle shorts but  I never get any saddle pain from my beat-up old saddle because it is wide and foam filled and quite comfortable to sit on...
There are plenty of videos on line about choosing the right saddle and plenty of powders for sale to soothe and protect the gluteal muscles.
One book dedicated to the subject for women is the aptly named "Saddle Sore" by  Molly Hurford available form her website:http://saddlesorewomen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment