Monday 16 June 2014

16th June Margaret's Monday Trips

 The Wonderful Feeling of

Cycling along with my Hair

Blowing in the Breeze


Editor's Preface:

Cadbury's Wispa has claimed that while 80% of people feel guilty about taking time out, 60% would like to "mis-spend" more of their time.
To prove the point, TV Presenter George Lamb mis-spent his time making a domino of 500 items plus a mug of tea and a wispa bar to pour some milk into the tea. 


So take some time out for a cycle like Margaret and maybe you too can gratefully enjoy a "wispa with tea" at the end of it!

Margaret  Writes:

Monday Morning
 

Another beautiful sunny morning, perfect for a cycle.  I got on my bike early and cycled to work, a great way to wake up on a Monday.  I decided to cycle home for lunch, as normally I stay in work, but, the sunshine beckoned me.  A great feeling cycling along with my hair blowing in the light breeze.

 I had my lunch in the back garden and reluctantly dragged myself out of the garden and cycled back to work.  As I was cycling home around 6.00pm it was still really sunny and a great evening for a cycle.

 The sun was still shining at 9.00pm so we headed off on our bikes again, this time to the lovely Lee Fields.  What a great amenity for the city.  This was my first time cycling in the Lee Fields, even though I run there 7 days a week in the early morning.  Much easier on the bike!






 Photos of the Lee fields.


The one above is from: http://corkheritage.ie and the aerial shot opposite is from:


Inchigaggin Bridge over the Curraheen river.
This is where the riverside trail begins.
We then crossed the road, at the far end of the Lee Fields and cycled along the lovely walk near the Curraheen River, this is a lovely secluded spot and we could have been anywhere.  We arrived out by the side of MacCarthy's (still known locally as the Tennis Village).  Then, what a hill to climb, but, there was a guy jogging up that hill and when we told him that he was going 11 km an hour, he was delighted.

McCarthy's bistro-site of the former Tennis Village
-a landmark long after it was replaced!

 Home to a cup of tea and a lovely Wispa bar.  Cycling is hungry work, but, any excuse for chocolate!  At this stage, I think I have earned the choc.

No comments:

Post a Comment