Wednesday 18 June 2014

18th June Margaret's Bike Brings her Fresh-Air, Farmgate, and Murphy's Farm

More of Margaret's  Mouth-watering Restaurant Reviews Coming Up

Margaret writes:

This was certainly the hottest day of the year, so far, with heat warnings from Met Éireann, so definitely a day for cycling to work.  

Feeling fresh air with a sun-filled breeze is a great way to start the day.  I cycled to work, and at lunchtime got the opportunity to cycle to the city centre.  Five of my colleagues and I were celebrating a promotion and new job for one of our group.  What a better way to celebrate than to head for lunch to the wonderful Farmgate Café in the English Market.

 The Farmgate was buzzing, with lots of foreign visitors, as well as locals.  I decided to have the lovely Summer salad, with free-range chicken and ham, yum!  The bread there is also very yummy.  For dessert I had the lemon cake, (to die for!). It has a really good flavour of lemon.  Then, I chased this all down with an obligatory cappuccino.



Afterwards, I had a lovely cycle back to work, with a full tummy!  I cycled home from work at approximately 6.00pm. It was, really, really hot still so we waited until 9.00pm to take off for our evening cycle.

Again, we headed towards Bishopstown, and cycled around Murphy's Farm, admired the old ruins of Bishopstown House. It is a great path for cycling, and I am ashamed to admit my first time ever there. The bikes present a really wonderful opportunity for exploring.


http://www.corkpastandpresent.ie/history/BishopstownHouse_new

Every year, I will watch with interest when National Bike Week is scheduled, as hopefully, the weather will be as glorious as this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment