Friday 13 June 2014

13th June Maria Discovers the Rejuvenating Magic of Bikes

 It's true ... you never forget how to ride a bike!!

Maria writes:

Andrea and myself picked up our rental bikes today and well, I'm happy to confirm that its true ... you never forget how to ride a bike! Okay granted I was a tad wobbly, and sharp turns posed a risk, but all in all I WAS GREAT !!
Maria gives getting back in the saddle a thumbs up!


And what a beautiful day we had for it. It was such a great feeling, sun on my back, the breeze in my face- beautiful! I know its a cliché but I felt very... free... and youthful! Not that I'm old but it really brought out the kid in me. Afterwards I got in my car and thought "who needs this big heavy monstrous piece of metal?"

Maria discovers her inner child
 

For today I stayed close to home and cycled around my large neighbourhood. I felt very safe and comfortable. I'm looking forward to the skills training tomorrow to find out how to do this 'properly'. If this beautiful weather keeps up we are gonna have an amazing 10 days!!!
  
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment