Friday 13 June 2014

13th June 2014 Feedback from Veteran Dave O'Regan

 13th June 2014 Feedback from Veteran Dave O'Regan


Did Dave stay Determined to stick to the Two-wheeler?

 

Editor's Preface:

 
So the big question for Dave was surely: did he swap his flash RedFm car for a humble bike??
 
 
Except that we forgot to ask that question... Still you can sort of tell the answer to this one from the answers we did receive! :) :
 
 
 

Dave's News:

 
 
   
1. How often  were you cycling before “Operation Transportation”?

 Not at all. I hadn't touched a bike in about 10 years!
 
 
 
2.      How often do you cycle now? ( feel free to add details of any tapering off processes?
 
 I would cycle once every couple of weeks, I don't have a set routine or anything. I play football and other sports so I'd be relatively active anyway.
 
I cycled 50KM last Christmas to help raise funds for Marymount Hospice in their annual Christmas Cracker cycle. It felt absolutely amazing to get to the end and I actually enjoyed it. Even though I drive those roads constantly you notice a lot more when you're on a bike.
Proof that Dave- who hadn't cycled in 10 years before Operation Transportation-completed a 50K charity cycle!
 
3.      Why do you think your cycle habits have changed? ( Skip if irrelevant)
 I would definitely look at cycling as better exercise than running, I wish I could do it more!
 
  
4.      Have you got any words of wisdom for this year’s “Operation Transportation” leaders?
 Enjoy it, it's a great time and actually finishing up a cycle and writing about it makes you appreciate the little details a lot more.
 
 
 
5.      Any other comments?
 It's a great initiative and I know I don't do a massive amount of cycling now but if  I hadn't been a part of Operation Transportation I'd still be doing none.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment