Monday 20 June 2016

June 19th - Michael Braves the Elements on his Last Day of Bikeweek 2016!

Michael Writes....

Sadly the tradition of good weather came to an abrupt end this morning when I woke up to be greeted by rain at my window. 


Rain, Rain, Go Away!
Due to my lack of rain gear I was unable to get out on the bike in the morning and instead had to wait around until it cleared up. Typically (because we live in Ireland) this took a lot longer than expected and I was unable to get out until the evening time, and even at that I was unable to stay out for long due to the conditions.

The surface water and the wind resulted in not so ideal cycling conditions that I had benefitted from the rest of the week. However, it was still nice to see that I was not the only cyclist out and about, and that others were braving the unfortuante conditions too!

Check out some nifty tips for biking in bad weather - HERE

After a venture out the Carrigrohane road towards Ballincollig the conditions did not improve as much as I would have hoped and due to my lack of rain gear, I decided to cut my losses and head back home.
 

 Michael may have benefitted from one of these contraptions on his cycle yesterday!

Unfortunately Bike & Mike (quite the duo) will split up tomorrow as he goes back to his owners, but who knows our paths may cross again sooner rather than later as I look to continue the good progress I have made with cycling during Cork Bikeweek 2016.
 

Michael is feeling optomistic about his future cycling adventures thanks to Cork Bikeweek 2016!




Find Us On:
Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment