Sunday 19 June 2016

June 18th - Michael Makes the Most of the Saturday Sunshine!

Michael Writes...


A dry day at the Lee Fields!


I decided to make the most of the dry weather this morning and go out for my cycle early. I felt it would put me in good stead for the rest of the day. I opted to venture down to the Lee Fields and take in everything that was going on down there.
 

 
On my cycle I met many runners & people fishing who I'm sure where also trying to make the most of the dry weather while it's around (On a side note I must say we have been very lucky with the weather during bike week). 


Did you know that good weather is a Bikeweek tradition?

One thing I noticed on my cycle was the work that went into getting the Lee Fields back in good shape following the flooding it suffered around the new year. Thanks to the hard work of people, it gave me the opportunity today to cycle around and enjoy the scenery that I would not have been able to enjoy 6 months ago.
 


 These photos show the difference a few months (and some hard work) can make!

Hard to believe that this photo was taken at the Lee Fields! 
The Lee Fields Restored to its best!

The more I cycle, the longer I feel I can go on my journeys. Not only am I getting the advantage of strengthening the muscles in my legs but I'm also getting to take in some beautiful scenery that I would not be able to see if I was using a cycling bike in a gym. Today was also World Juggling Day, so maybe with some practice I might be able to juggle while cycling one day :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment