Thursday 16 June 2016

15th June - Gears making all the difference for Thomas on Day 5

Thomas Operation Transportation Diary Day 5:

Thomas writes...

Today I cycled from Ballintemple to Fitzgerald Park which took about 25 minutes. There was some live music and lunch served here as one of the events for Cork Bike Week 2016.

There are so many events still taking place to mark Cork Bike Week, follow this link so find out more! Cork Bike Week Events 2016

Here I met some nice people and enjoyed the chat and lively atmosphere!
On my way to Fitzgerald's park called into a bike shop in Anglesea Street and the guy updated me on the use of the gears (I have been using one set of gears since Saturday and whilst the setting was good for going up hills it was not great for coming down hills etc) This new information made the ride even more enjoyable today!


 
Using gears can make you cycle more efficiently and like Thomas - can make the cycle more enjoyable! See this guide illustrating the basics of how to use your gears correctly: Guide for Gears
Image result for bad road conditions ireland 
Final Word from Thomas: I must say I had no probes with motorists and the only issue I had was the condition of roads in places.



Keep an eye for more updates from Thomas here and on our:
Facebook and Twitter 


No comments:

Post a Comment