Thursday 16 June 2016

15th June - Long May the Cycle Love Continue for Michael!!

Michael Operation Transportation Day 5

Michael writes...
 
After my adventures on day 4, I started day 5 early by cycling to work from Dennehys Cross to City Hall. This was a new experience for me as I had yet to cycle in rush hour traffic. Thankfully I had cycle lanes the majority of my journey and the benefit of that was I able to pass out cars that where in a long line of traffic which I would have been stuck in if I was in my car. The benefit of cycling to work was that I was fully awake and alert by the time I made it to my desk.

Motivational road markings along the way!
Following my day of work, I decided to venture out to the loop by Blackrock Castle via the Marquee as I was nosy as to what the crowd would look like before the concert they had on. On Monaghan road I bumped into fellow blogger Shauna and we decided to do the loop together.
We had a nice leisurely cycle and managed to get it done before the heavy rainfall hit us which would have been a disaster for me as I wasn't wearing rain gear. 

 
One thing I noticed on the loop was when we went over the foot bridge on the South Ring Road and saw the amount of traffic below us. It was a relief to not be stuck in that. I really learned the benefit of cycling in that instance as I was able to continue at my own pace and not worry about potentially being in the same spot for 5/10 minutes. 
 
 
Wednesday's Rush hour traffic building on the South Ring Road

 
We are now at the halfway point of the Cork Bike Week and I must say it is really bringing back my love for cycling that I had when I was a teenager. Long may it continue!
Follow the next half:


No comments:

Post a Comment