Saturday 18 June 2016

June 17th - It's Leg Day for Michael!

Michael Writes....


Reminiscent of morning traffic jams in Cork City?

Following my successful 2 wheel commute to work on day 6, I decided to do it again. What I have realised is that it takes nearly the same amount of time as driving, as I don't have to spend time sitting in traffic (is there anything worse?)

After work I made arrangements with my fellow blogger Shauna to cycle from Blackrock Castle to Passage West, as unfortunately I am unable to attend the Bikeweek event for that cycle, which is taking place on Sunday the 19th of June.
 

A Bikeweek Poster in Passage West!
Find more info about this family friendly Bikeweek event - HERE  


It was a nice cycle on the old railway track where we met various other people cycling and walking. 




Along that route I also took a break to do some exercise on the outdoor equipment that is available to the public, which is helpful to build up strength in the legs. 


 It's Leg Day for Michael!
Recuperation is Key After Leg Day! 


Upon arrival to Passage West we read up on the local history and saw where people departed to from Passage West over the years and where they went. 

After taking in the beautiful scenery of the area we headed back towards the city to home. I would recommend the cycle on Sunday to anyone who is looking to get out and about for the day. 

I slept well that night after a fantastic day of cycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment