Saturday 18 June 2016

June 16/17th - Thomas Improvises to Make the Most of Bikeweek!

Thomas writes...

On Thursday 16th, after a hectic day, I didn't have much time to spare in the evening. I ended up setting off on a speedy 20 minute bicycle ride near the locality of my house, in the Blackrock/Boreenmanna Road area. 


A map of the Boreenmanna Road area


I was feeling very confident in my cycling abilities after my experiences throughout the past week, so I felt myself peddling at the speed of light throughout this cycle! Is it too late to qualify for the Rio Olympics, I think I could be a great addition to the Irish team!


Thomas for Rio 2016 

15 ways to increase your cycling speed

On Friday 17th, I was away from home and staying in a hotel. I was unable to bring my bike with me as I didn't think it would be practical to keep it in my room! Unfortunately the hotel didn't have any spare bikes to offer me, so I had to use my imagination. I located the gym in my hotel and used the exercise bike for 15 minutes, while pretending I was cycling through the scenic Cork country side.

While it definitely wasn't a typical cycle ride, I was still happy that I managed to fit in some time for exercise! However, I am very much looking forward to getting back on the roads on Saturday!



Given that it is not always possible to set out on a cycle and that the Irish weather is not always (never) reliable, check out some tips on how to cycle your bike from the comfort of your own home



No comments:

Post a Comment