Sunday 12 June 2016

11th June 2016 - Shauna takes to the country roads

Shauna re-sparks her love of cycling!


Shauna writes:

Today marked the start of National Bike Week, when I was younger I would have cycled quite bit and really enjoyed it. But as I got older I found myself rarely taking the time to go out for a cycle so when I got the opportunity to take part in Operation Transportation 2016 I was excited as it would give me the opportunity to get back on the saddle. 

I have only ever cycled in the countryside or in a small town so I am not comfortable or confident about cycling with large volumes of traffic.

So I decided to ease myself back into it so I went for a short cycle on a fairly quite country road where I knew there wouldn't be too many cars. 

It was great to get out on a bike again, however, the weather wasn't in my favour and it rained quite heavy for most of my cycle.

During the cycle I didn't encounter too much traffic, but as it was quite a narrow road I often had to stop and step in off the road to let cars pass. This was annoying because with the rain the ground was wet and mucky. 

Despite the weather I enjoyed getting out and about again. I'm looking forward to the rest of the week, I'm hoping that as the week goes on I will get more confidence cycling in areas where there is more traffic. 


Have a look at this link for some great tips on how to cycle safely in traffic and busy roads
CLICK HERE


See how Shauna deals with the change of scenery and the hectic streets of busy city life!








No comments:

Post a Comment