Wednesday 15 June 2016

14th June - John Paul Shooting the Tuesday Breeze

John Paul Operation Transportation Day 4

John Paul writes:

Today I decided to go for a cycle around Blackrock Castle and the Marina area. I encountered a lot of evening traffic which I had to be very careful of, due to a lot of turns on my route before getting to the Old Railway Line down by Rochestown. 
It looked like it may rain but it managed to hold off with a nice refreshing but not cold breeze. 
The first stage of the cycle getting to the Old Railway Line was far more intense and cautious due to the large volume of traffic. However when I got onto the Railway Line and away from the traffic, the cycle became far more leisurely (except for the tough hill on the pedestrian bridge crossing over the Link Road by Mahon Point). 
I ventured on to Blackrock Castle, where on my way I passed some old class mates. At Blackrock Castle, I met fellow blogger and cyclist Michael Lyons. We cycled down by the river for about half an hour and chatted, passing quite a large amount of other cyclists, who looked to be coming home from work. 

The large amount of cyclists JP saw may have the right idea cycling to work! Check out these reasons to cycle to work






Michael and I parted ways for home, where the leisurely aspect of the cycle came to an end and I had to be aware of the traffic and be cautious with the all the turns before arriving home. 
It was a good mix of cycling styles for an hour after work. Tonight I will be thinking of what to do for tomorrow's cycle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment