Monday 15 June 2015

14th June 2015: Meet Eithne!

The Household Spoon: The unsung hero!


EITHNE WRITES:


www.etsy.com/market/i_love_my_bike
I have signed up for Operation Transportation....so here it goes! I am a Mom of three small boys so needless to say juggling to get time out on my bike is difficult. I started my bikeweek yesterday (could not do on Sat as I was at Bere Island parkrun ) I left my house not knowing what distance I would do but but it was such a beautiful day.

I headed towards one of my usual routes Ballincollig to Coachford return via Lee Valley Golf Club. As I cycled out the road I was feeling good so said 'why not try a longer one today' and so continued out the N22 towards Macroom. The road surface is lovely and despite the traffic I managed to clock 25 km before turning around to head home.



From: http://better-biking.com/
As I cycled through Lissarda again I was flagged down by two women changing a tyre. They were in a spot of bother so I stopped briefly and offered the use of my spoons (they looked at me funnily) to take the tyre off the wheel. They looked like they had it all under control so off I pedalled again. 

I landed back home with two burnt arms --- oops no sun screen just in time to let my other half do his spin. A good start to the week. Happy Cycling everyone!






NB EVERYONE: Dont forget to apply 
                           plenty of sunblock
                           when the sun is out!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment