Monday 15 June 2015

15th June 2015, Office Life: A Breath of fresh air at Lunch for Grace

Walk, run, cycle, it all counts!

Grace writes:

Today I decided to walk to work or in transportation speak, mix my mode. I generally like walking to work because I live such a short distance and it allows me to listen to new music and I get to feel like I have a bit of a day going on before I hit the office. 

Walking or cycling it doesnt matter,get active, get fit, feel good!

The launch of the Coke Zero bikes provided the perfect opportunity for me to get cycling during my work day. For 10 euro a year I get an annual subscription to this service and  I think its probably fair to say, its been the best value for money I have gotten all year.

 I use it on average around three to four times a week, either to commute to the other side of the city or to go home for lunch. The docks are pretty much everywhere (bar the suburbs) and the stations are replenished regularly so you will not have the crushing disappointment of reaching a dock without any bikes. 



My only gripe with the bikes (and its a fairly minor one) is the basket. I wish it was just a solid basket instead of two pieces of stretching fabric. I tend to be a bit of a bag lady and trying to fit all my junk into that basket can sometimes be a challenge. But as I said that is a minor gripe in an otherwise superb design. 


The bell has proved useful as Irish people have still not gotten used to bike lanes being just for bikes and tend to saunter along in the bike lanes oblivious to oncoming bike traffic like naive tourists would in Amsterdam or Copenhagen. 

The bikes are heavier than an average hybrid and usually at the top of the hill to my house I am puffed out and sweating but I feel like after a morning sitting at a desk, this can only be a good thing and I get the pleasure of a downhill on the way back to relax and refresh for the afternoon ahead. 

***Why not check out some of these safety top tips to help make your cycle more safe***








No comments:

Post a Comment