Tuesday 16 June 2015

16th June 2015 - Multitasking Chris

The Multitasking Speedster Big Brother 

CHRIS


Marcia writes:

Life is busy!
Things didn't go quite so smoothly today for Chris and myself on our Operation Transportation mission. I am ashamed to admit, I flunked it. I had intended to cycle to a meeting in Rochestown for 6pm but got held up during the afternoon and couldn't leave early enough to make it by bike.

Chris got out twice on his bike - He tells us his story:

 "Hi, Chris Bateman here. I went on my third cycle for Operation Transportation today. I must say though, it was not as peaceful or beautiful as my last two cycles were. I had spent my whole morning varnishing the boat, so I planned nothing for the afternoon.

 But it turned out that Star of the Sea primary school (where my younger brother and my two sisters go, the other sister goes to a different school) was closing at midday due to no running water. This was unexpected for us (my mom and I were the only ones in the house). I was told to collect Ethel and Thea, and come straight home. I was already going to offer to collect, but sure ye know what moms are like. 

Click here - Tips on cycling downhill!
So I put my new gadget thingy that I got from Operation Transportation on by bike. I think it's pretty cool! So I headed off on the trek down the almost vertical hill (I think it's Church Hill?) at 35 kilometres per hour. I thought it was pretty fast for my standards, but I didn't want to be late. I'd be killed! I was practising my road cycling, but there were not any cars around up the Back Road. 

Somehow I managed to crash. I was turning onto the kerb, and I misjudged the turn. The wheel skidded and I went over the handlebars into the wall. Don't worry, I wore my helmet! I landed on my feet with only a scratch. On the way back I was sick of going 1 kilometre per hour for Ethel (who was walking, she didn't have a bike), so I put her on the saddle and I stood up on the pedals and we free wheeled down the hills. The tricky bit was the estate. I managed to make it up the hill without dying (even at my age) and get inside to eat lunch and finish varnishing. I had a great time, looking forward to tomorrow."

NEVER FORGET GANG! 











No comments:

Post a Comment