Tuesday 16 June 2015

13th, 14th, 16th June - Jenny joins the OT Leader Group

Peaceful riding and frustrating driving  

13/06/2015Jenny writes:


lovingthebike.com
I have started to cycle regularly few months ago, just for going to work.

Now cycling has become not just a way to go work, but also a way to download my energy, doing exercise in open air and having time just for myself.

Everyone should do it, at least just to stay alone with yourself. And leave you own mind much more light after.

This morning I got on my bike at 6.30am, nobody on the street, no cars or van passed me. All the street and silence for me.

14/06/2015Jenny writes:


Hello everyone! Today (Sunday) after cycling to and back from work (yep, I also worked on Sunday), I went for a relaxed cycle in Blackrock with a friend.
Blackrock Castle

Actually, I discovered with her a nice road to get there, flat and all surrounded of trees.
No cars, just the singing of the small bird.

Once we got to the castle and parked the bikes, we discovered there was a meditation class, inside the castle! We were willing to try, but we preferred to walk for a while. But, we will try another Sunday for sure.

We walked for a while, enjoying the sea smell coming for the river (we are both Italians coming from beautiful place on the sea such as Sicily and Sardinia and we really missed that smell). We decided to go back home. 


I cycled all day. Did I feel tired? Absolutely not!


16/6/2015Jenny writes:



Today as always, I went the same way I go to work from city centre to Mahon. With the late shift at 11am, I always meet traffic on the road. I can say that today I got very stressed two times:

http://www.gettyimages.ie/
-First time:
I was waiting for the traffic lights to turn green, I was correctly on the very left of the road. Once the green came, I started to pedal and a very smart person in the car cut my way turning on the left. I got very angry in that moment, screaming nice Italian worlds to that person.

-Second time: 
On my way back at 8pm, after a big hill (I was inside the cycle path) I was going straight and another very smart person cut my way turning suddenly left. Again nice Italians worlds for him.

I think those people (I asked myself if it was the same person as the color and the model of the car was the same) should receive fines! Because I could hurt myself while they were turning on the left.

I could have fallen down on the road while they were safe and very smart inside their cars!



Editor's Footnote: 


Both drivers and cyclists share the road, we all need to know the do's and don'ts, check out this link:  www.rulesoftheroad.ie




No comments:

Post a Comment