Thursday 18 June 2015

18th June 2015 - Marcia picks up the pace on a sun drenched evening!


Sun, sights and scenery


Marcia writes:


Chris and I headed out together this evening for our Operation Transportation cycle, but he turned right at the end of the estate and I turned left. I've no idea where he went; my cycle turned into a bit of an adventure.

I had left the dog at home this evening, deciding to go it alone. I missed her company but it was great to be able to pick up the pace a bit. 

Another beautiful evening, the setting sun turning all it touched into gold. I hadn't expected to get as far as Blackrock Castle but when I did, spotting St. Luke's brought back all sorts of poignant memories of my Dad and I turned left along Castle Road.



Dropping the pace, dawdling, thinking and looking around. It's fantastic how much one can spot from a bike. Pushing up Skehard Road, I was delighted to come along a cycle path and enjoyed using it all the way to Mahon Point.         
                              
Could do with a bit of resurfacing, though! Cut across at Mahon Point back to the by now deserted line and pelted it back to Passage West to beat the dark

Check out Marcia's route and some general info + downloadable map click here: 





Marcia finishes by saying: "Three cheers for these fantastic cycle routes" 








No comments:

Post a Comment