Monday 15 June 2015

14th June, 2015 Hop Island and Passage West evening sunset cycle

The Dynamic Duo: Marcia and Chris


Marcia and her beloved companions 

MARCIA WRITES: 


Today's Operation Transportation diary update comes from Chris (13), my partner-in-crime for the week's challenge. 

He writes here about his little expedition with Ethel (7), but he later accompanied me on a trip down the line towards Hop Island. 

I tried running two of the dogs on leads alongside, so he and I were like the hare and the tortoise. The sunset was so glorious, we spent as much time taking photos as we did cycling! :-)

CHRIS WRITES:


"Today I went on my first cycle (of 10 days) for operation transportation with my sister, Ethel (who is 7 and wanted to go for a random cycle) The weather was warm and humid with a bit of sun, which was just beginning to set on the other side of the hills. Passage west is a complete hill, so Ethel and I had high gears all the way down from the top of the hill starting from our house. We headed down the line beside the sea, only making two stops for Ethel.

Beautiful sunset in Passage West
I expected it to rain, so I was surprised when it was dry for the trip. On the way back we stopped off at our favourite spot by the sea to watch the sunset.

Then we headed back up the hill to our house on our lowest gears. (We had checked our bikes before we left so everything went smooth and there were no breakages). 

The flowers were in full bloom as it was summer. Ethel tripped over a kerb but got back on her bike and rode after me at full pelt so we would not be late for dinner. Our small cycle took 30 minutes in total, so happy faces at home:)"


Why not grab your bike and catch a sunrise/sunset this summer! Check out Cork's Sunrise and Sunset times here: http://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/ireland/cork 

No comments:

Post a Comment