Wednesday 17 June 2015

15th, 17th June 2015 - Ballincollig and beyond, Eithne's cycle with a friend

Its more fun with a bike chum!


Eithne writes:

Inniscarra
Apologies for my absence of blogging over the last few days, been a busy Mom with a few sick boys. 

No cycling for me on Monday after a busy weekend and so Tuesday evening I went for a short cycle with a friend of mine who has not been on a bicycle in a few years.

We met in our estate in Ballincollig and I suggested a 15km route that I do quite regularly. We headed towards the Poulavolane roundabout in Ballincollig and turned left out towards the Anglers Rest, past Muskerry Golf Club and then left towards the R618 (Inniscarra Rd) This was a lovely spin then downhill towards the Regional Park, we stopped off for a coffee and a chat.
My friend was delighted with her conquest and I think she will be joining me for the rest of the summer.

On Wednesday then, I managed to get on my bike at 4.30pm, I cycled some of the same route but headed towards Dripsey.

I was under time constraint as per usual so didn't quiet make it to the village, nevertheless I managed to cover 30km so was happy with the workout. 
Passing Granny Griffins I was very tempted to stop for one of their delicious scones, I pedaled on! :-) 


Griffins Garden Centre, Drispey
Check out this great list of restaurants to grab lunch when you are out on your cycle in and around Cork:

No comments:

Post a Comment