Sunday 21 June 2015

18th - 21st June 2015 - Eithne takes to the road!

Four days of cycling,fun and variety.....


Eithne writes:

Thursday 18th
My cycle today was quiet tough. I have recently started running and so after my little trot around the Regional Park I went for a cycle to loosen out the legs.

Regional Park, Ballincollig
Friday 19th
My Cycle on Friday was very recreational. I was at home with the kids all day and so the only outlet I got was to go to the shop for milk. I didn’t go to my closest shop though just to get a little spin on the bike.


Regional Park Weir, Ballincollig

Saturday 20th
I was working on Saturday morning at the inaugural Run 4 Fun organised by Cork Sports Partnership in Blarney, I was a little tired so in the afternoon I took the three boys on a little spin around the Regional Park. We stopped for a little picnic which we needed because the weather was very hot….after throwing a few stones in the weir hopped back on the bikes.



Editor's Footnote:
Ballincollig Regional Park has both a permanent orienteering trail and walking trails. Closing time in June, July and August is 9pm. To get to the Regional Park (western end) go to the roundabout at the west end of Ballincollig town and take the Inniscarra Road. About half a mile along the road, just before the Inniscarra Bridge, on your right, you will see the entrance for the park. 

Beauty and tranquillity of Ballincollig’s Regional Park
BALLINCOLLIG'S REGIONAL PARK


Click here for further info.....Ballincollig - Regional park

Sunday 21st
On Sunday morning, I told the boys that I was bringing Daddy for a cycle as his Father’s Day present. They were not happy that Mom and Dad were going on a cycle, they soon forgot about it when my friend arrived to bring them to Gaelic Football Training. So off we headed on a glorious sunny morning. 


Cork Summer Show
We had three hours of freedom and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. On the return section from Macroom we again met two cyclists needing assistance, so we hopped off our bikes, pumped up a tyre and back on the road again. These ladies were also using spoons as their bicycle tools. Just as we got back on the road the cyclists from Kanturk Cycling Club whizzed by us at a great speed as they were taking part in the Coachford Cycling Club sportif. We had a great spin and finished the day by a visit to the Cork Summer Show with the boys. Great day…..


Eithne finishes by saying:
So at the end of Bike week, I managed to get out on my bike seven out of the eight days so I’m delighted with this. I know my blogging was not so frequent but I thoroughly enjoyed the week. Fair play to all the organisations involved….


No comments:

Post a Comment