Tuesday 18 June 2013

18th June Maurice Applies Cycling Skills

Maurice Applies his Cycling Skills Lessons


According to Maurice:


It was sunshine all the way for today's cycle through Ballincollig Village and back via the Killumney Road. From the Killumney Road I turned onto the Link Road and called into McSweeneys shop in Rosewood for the paper.
 The traffic was really heavy on this route (between 8.30 am and 9.30 am) and I really needed to be on top of giving hand signals and asserting my lane positions. As a result I found that motorists were courteous and allowed me right of way when crossing traffic.

 
Some of the hand signals that I needed to use while out on my cycle this morning! Image from:  http://www.vbgov.com/residents/sports-recreation/pages/bicycle-hand-signals.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment