Monday 17 June 2013

17th June. Morning Cycle


Monday Morning Riverside Cycle
According to Maurice:
Set off at around 9.00 am this morning from near Guide Dogs for Blind and cycled all the way to the North Mall and was back home by 10.15 am. I took some photographs and saluted a number of people and their dogs.




After so much rain cyclists have to watch out for low hanging branches and vegetation. The elder flower is in full bloom right now and this is a good time to gather bunches to make elderflower cordial.

Just after Inchagaggin lane over the bridge I took the cycle / footpath all the way to the Lee fields. This is a great way of avoiding the traffic and enjoying the flora and fauna. You can see lots of birds including Herons and Egrets but none were visible today but there are plenty of people walking their dogs.
 

Egrets and Elderflowers -some of the flora and fauna to be seen on a Summertime Lee-side cycle





At the Lee fields there is a bit more activity so you have to be careful not to bump into any unpredictable dogs or children. At the back of the now deserted Kingsley Hotel I took the footbridge which brings me out onto Wellington Bridge. Here I turned right and then left onto the Mardyke going past Fitzgerald's Park. At the exit from the Mardyke I went left onto the Millennium bridge all the way to the North Mall parking my bike alongside the very ornate footbridge.





I cant figure out why cyclists have to dismount crossing the Millennium bridge. A number of other cyclists passed over the bridge without dismounting.

On the way back I cycled through Fitzgerald's Park.

Enjoyed my cup of coffee after all that !





No comments:

Post a Comment