Saturday 15 June 2013

15th June, Maurice Danaher Gets Checked and Trained up

Maurice Must Be More Assertive?

According to Maurice:

Today I did a fitness assessment in LeisureWorld near CIT at 9.30 am. This was easy enough, but I was told my blood pressure was a bit high so I will need to get that checked out.
 After coffee, I went for cycle training with Darren MacAdam O'Connell and Miro Wartena.
Some of the cycle training seemed basic enough to me but still I learned how to be more assertive on the road and especially how to avoid cars turning off to the left cutting across me and also how to keep clear of car doors opening.

Learning about the Five Points of Contact to engage when breaking. 
2 hands on the handlebars + 2 feet on pedals + 1 area on your seat = Maximum Brake Power

 For more such tips see:
http://www.patrickjohnmccrann.com/blog/bike/how-to-ride-your-bike-like-a-veteran-part-1)

Did not do the bit on going all the way around the Wilton Road roundabout as I had to leave for lunch. I was quite tired by the time I got back home around 1 pm for lunch.

The weather was OK as we managed to avoid any heavy rain with just light showers.

Editor's Note:

Mr. Danaher can be seen and heard onthe Youtube channel linked to this Diary. See him kick off an interesting discussion on Junctions here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLe_HNPxMPM&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment