Monday 17 June 2013

17th June Caitriona's new bike!

Caitriona's New Wheels!!

According to Caitriona:

I am "driving" a 'loverly' pink Trax TF51 bike, 18 gears, which I am getting a little more comfortable with thanks to Miro..


Picture of the tpye of Bike I purchased from Halfords in Mahon Point Cork. Image is from http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_771009_langId_-1_categoryId_165499 


I got it in Halfords in Mahon point, got it fresh in the box to take away as it is cheaper that way and more fun to make..

One comment I would make was that the customer service I received was not up to scratch and I would think twice before approaching that sales person again!

Editor's Comment:

Have any other readers owned a Halfords bike or a  Trax TF51 bike?
If so, how did you get on with it?

This article : http://www.cyclescene.ie/BSO.html gives some general advice on purchasing a bicycle for regular commuting.

Note: the referenced article is written from a bicycle shop's perspective and the Bicycle Shaped Objects they criticise might be perfectly useful for the occasional fair-weather cyclist or the cyclist who takes extreme care to  clean, oil and avoid excess wear and tear on their bikes..

I personally own a very cheap second hand Raleigh Coco, that is at least thirty years old I reckon.

A Raleigh Coco in a lot better nick than mine!


To deter the thieves who pilfered two other bikes from under my bedroom window, the Coco looks old and rusty and it is far too small; However, it is surprisingly sturdy and it seems to withstand a lot of hacking without too much complaining...

Some cycle repair shops hinted that Raleigh don't make them like that any more...
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. It is not my first time to visit this website, i am browsing this web page dailly and obtain pleasant facts from here all the time. eBay Gift Card

    ReplyDelete