Friday 15 June 2012

15th June 2012, Deirdre's Diary

Why Don't You Cycle Regularly Already?:

According to  Deirdre: 

In the last few weeks of my last year in primary school I cycled to school alongside my brother. I also cycled to secondary school, except in very bad weather or on mornings when I got up too late to cycle the three miles to school. During a work placement in Cork city and later while working in UCC, I also cycled but found city cycling a lot more hazardous than the route I took to school.

As mentioned above I now drive to work but until recently found it very easy to just fall into a routine of get home, cook dinner, get lazy in front of the TV. Hopefully Bike Week will lead me to get on my bike more often and even take in some sights in my own area.

 

Why Take Part in Operation Transportation?:

According to Deirdre:

 'I decided to sign up for Operation Transportation because I remember Bike Week last year and was interested in it but didn't think I could take part in it from my own work place because I commute to Cork from Mallow.

Also some of my colleagues do a bike ride in aid of charity each year and have a stationary bike which volunteers are invited to pedal for a while (perhaps to give the main rider a break) and fear that I wouldn't stay pedalling for very long put me off previously. Perhaps it will be different this year!





Deirdre pedalling so fast on the treadmill that all photos of her came out blurry!

It looks like she is easily fit enough for the Charity Bike Ride. But will she pluck up the courage to take part? Read on to find out!



 

Deirdre will need plenty of energy for all the cycling she plans to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment